Thursday, September 2, 2010

Todays crop!!! my garden produces something...finally!

Each year I wait and get so excited to have Eric plow the soil in our garden bed.  This year was no different.  I decided I would try to wait to plant closer to June. 

Last year I was a little over zelous and got it in mid May and paid a price.  The weather was warm when I planted but it soon took a turn for the worse and got down to freezing, all of my plants were stunted and did not end up doing well.


I went to the local farmers market and purchased peppers plants, tomato plants, green beans, and Ashlee had sunflower seeds from school, we also got zuchini and summer squash plants.  As soon as I got the garden planted the rains returned and my garden soon became a lake!  I was worried nothing would grow, I did have to replant a few things, but surprisingly most survived and as soon as we finally got some warm sunny weather in the end of JULY, I finally started seeing some things grow. 

Everything is late this year, it is the beginning of September and I am just not getting green beans and cherry tomatoes out of my garden.  I am also getting a few zuchini and summer squash, a very small amount of cucumbers and I have one pepper on but not ripe yet! Here is to hoping for more before the frost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...