Saturday, September 4, 2010

My kitchen, what can I do with it?

My kitchen is somewhat functional but it seems so dark.  I have lots of windows but no light coming in, huh?!
I thought I would like oak cabinets when we bought the house but now they seem dated and dark...

Please do not mind the clutter and or kids messes!  The one thing I like is the color I think... I like or let me say that again, I love blue!  the walls were this color when we moved in... I put up the curtain from my old house but I am not married to it.  The countertops are dark, and I would love to change to something a little more green, like recycled glass!
The layout seems ok but I do not like how the pantry is so isolated, I do not have that much storage in the cupboards, I have a corner cupboard that I cannot get into and the over the stove hood cupboard that is only half functional! I hate that!
What to do?! Where to start? Ideas anyone?!  I am on a small budget too....

2 comments:

  1. white wash the cupboards... maybe add some beadboard to sides of counters and inlays to the cupboard doors... what about a floating shelf or two around the window area for my display dishes... then I could add more short cupboards ontop for storage?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those ideas are worth exploring, sometimes you can find a virtual plan that you can add or alter
    to see what would work, check out home improvement places. mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...