Monday, September 20, 2010

Catching up! How do I get the words out fast enough?

I did not realize how long it really had been since I had seen girl friends from high school.  I got to see a couple of them while we were visiting family in Eastern Washington.  I am one of those people that is horrible with small talk, and have trouble thinking of things to ask and say, then as soon as we leave there are a million things I want to know and ask but do not have the chance.

For just an hour or so I got to reminisce with my close girl friend from high school.. well let me say we were close in high school.  After that things faded to where I had not seen or heard from her for 10 years or more. I used to spend more time with her and her family than I did my own family.  I thought of them as family.  Have I said how nice it was to see them all again?  IT was so nice!
I always feel so awkward and fumble for things to say around those that I care about, I wish the words came easier. 
"thank you Teresa" :)
The kids enjoyed playing and or coloring together and Sawyer really liked the little rocking chair that Leon made, too bad it was not for him though!

I also had a very brief run in with one of my other best friends from high school.. Jen.  I got to see her at the little Dusty store.  I never see anyone that I know when I go to visit my brother, so this encounter threw me off and of course once again I fumbled for something to say.  "Hi Jen, It has been so long, I would love to catch up sometime"!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...