Sunday, January 16, 2011

updating some light fixtures.........

My house was built in the early 90's therefor everything is accented in brass and gold fixtures.  I am not a big fan of brass, so I am slowly trying to change all that over from gold to nickel and of something other than brass!............ But still affordable!

I found this neat textured spray paint at HOME DEPOT.. so I am going to try to repurpose my outside lantern lights.. we will see how it turns out.

Here are some before shots of my lights:



 Here they are in the process of getting a coat of textured paint.  The nice thing about this paint is that it is made to go right over rust.  My lights have been on the house since it was built so, there is a little Rust!

this is the finished look before I got them back together......



My "Handyman" putting the lights back up :)


Looks pretty good for not more than $5@!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...