Monday, May 17, 2010

Puppy?! help she needs training!


We got a puppy in March. She was 12 weeks old. Yellow lab and boxer. Ashlee named her Daisy. We have had her for a couple of months now and well ...she does not mind any better than the day that we got her. Ok maybe a little, she goes potty outside.

I think I am the worst dog owner ever. I cannot take her walking without her pulling me, tripping me, and whining and whimpering at every dog she sees. what do I do?
Today on our walk to the park Daisy saw some little chiuauas and wanted to have them for lunch, she proceeded to pull and whine and yelp and yank on me and the stroller. Not only does it drive me nuts but I am sure it looks SO bad!

I have changed to using a harness on her when we go walking for otherwise it became a tug of war on who could pull more. me or her?! At first it was a lot better, now she has just figured out ways to run in front of me and or the stroller and try to trip us, why? WHO KNOWS!

I think I will sign up for an obedience class, but I know that means I have to put some time into her and right now it does not seem like I have a lot of it!


Update: thanks for all the great responses and ideas for the obedience issues; I have decided to sign Daisy and I up for some one on one class at the local PetSmart store. Lets hope she is not encouragable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...