Sunday, May 23, 2010

my Oasis... backyard




When I was younger I would watch my mom work all day and so hard in the yard, and wonder why???

I know now the answer! I love working up a sweat in the yard and having the results show for it. Nothing is better.
I have been at this yard for almost 5 years and am still learning what some of the plants are and how they grow. I have tried to add in my own touches here and there and even some of my favorite plants and flowers, such as hostas, lilies and spring tulips and dafodils.

Each year I try to find some way of improving the color and look of my garden, and each year turns out different but still rewarding. Spring time here is very wet and blah and my yard always has color to lift up from the blah. The rhodies and azealas and even a perrenial herb garden.

My yard is also very colorful from the trees, lots of maple and oaks and even a fir tree and some mountain ash... fall time is busy time, we get enough leaves to build forts in them! so overwhelming if you are not used to the leaf raking!
I hope to be able to pass this joy of gardening on to my kids. Gosh sometimes I sound like an old person.. passing things on to my kids. hehe




That reminds me of when we used to go to my Grandma Molly's in the summer time. Her back yard was always so gorgeous, with iris and roses and so green and lush. I loved helping her pick the fruit trees and water the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...