Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tiaras?

Wow I started watching this show on TLC today, toddlers and tiaras. I am so scared of these kids. They wear more makeup then I do and fake hair, fake nails, fake tans, there is nothing real on them. How is that pretty? and the sad thing is these kids like it. They get to spend all this time being fake and then they get completely addicted to it! yikes!
Then it happened... my husband was saying how NO way is that going to happen in our house, the next thing you know Ashlee says " can I be in a pagent?" HA that is funny! :) you go girl!
I know if she said that about something that I am interested in or used to do, like rodeo or omoksee, I would be so all over that! anything to do with horses I SO want her to be interested in. we will see...

Looking back I am so glad my dad was so obsessed with horses! At first it was weird to have so many horses, but I loved the thrill of the butterflies in my stomach and my name being called saying "Larsen" is on deck! I would tense my legs and my horse would wake from her slumber and begin to prance in place just a little.
I got my first horse when I was seven . Her name was Lady, she was the best first horse ever, at least as far as I was concerned.
I did not know anything about riding or saddling a horse. I soon learned that putting a saddle on the horse was hard work. It was heavy and I had to lift it a long ways, so I started learning to ride bare back. at first I could not stay on hardly at a walk, but before long I knew how to run the barrel pattern at full speed!
Then I got a POA pony appropriately name Smokey, and we were bareback riding everywhere. At the time I lived in Genesee ID and my girlfriend, Matah would ride with me everyday after school. We could not wait for the last school bell to ring so that we could run home and jump on the ponies. Matah rode my sister's pony Cinnamon. I loved the fact that Matah and her horse had the same color hair, it was so neat! Are favorite trail was just out of town towards the highway to Moscow, a dirt trail through the fields. We would race and race, sometimes I would win by a hair and others by a mile....I loved the thrill of running as fast as my horse would go!
I felt so free and alive! Soon I found that same thrill in O-mok-see horse games.
I had to graduate back to a horse for my pony just did not seem to be fast enough. I went through a lot of horses trying to find that right one! There was Thomas the Apaloosa, Truck, the running quarter horse, and finally Missy and Wanda our favorite quarter horses! Watch out barrel racers here I come! :)
I barrel raced all through school and up through college. I took clinics to learn more about my horse and about the "ins and outs" of barrel racing. We traveled all over Idaho, Washington, and some into Utah and Wyoming!
I hope some day I will get to do it again though Ashlee.... I hope... we will see :o)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...