Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daycare? want one? need one?

When I was just married and thinking of having kids, I thought it would not be something I would do, take my child to daycare and still work full time.  Then Ashlee came and yes I was back to work full time.  The thought of paying someone else to raise your child, well was not what I looked forward too.  I hated it at first but then I got in the groove and it was working for me, then Sawyer came into the picture and I did the full time work for a couple of months and it was NO longer for me. 
Finally, I talked my husband into getting what he needed from his company so that I could stay at home with our kids and no longer send them to daycare for 9 hours a day.  Those weeks that I had to be at work knowing that I was not going to have to keep doing it were great and also scary.  I was so happy to tell my boss that I had enough of this and wanted to quit. 
But then deep down in my heart I was scared that I would not be good at staying with my kids all the time and that I would go nuts without an agenda of things to do.
My first month off of work was a little hard, but it was also nice for it was December and the kids and I had a lot to do to prepare for the upcoming holidays.  Thank goodness for lots of cheap crafts and ideas at JoAnn's and Michael's.. it has now been about 6 months since I stopped working and I am starting enjoy my time with the kids, but I am really missing some girl friend time. :(
So now that I am starting to ramble a bit? 
My goal of this note was to ask how much daycare is good and how much is too much?  When Ashlee was going full time to daycare I noticed that she would pick up a lot of new things, some good, some bad.  She would be learning new songs that I had not heard before, and also new mannerisms... again NOT all good.  I think she has also learned a lot of good things too, like how to talk to people, new kids, how to be able to make friends quickly, and how to share, at least somewhat.
How much do you send you child to daycare?  How much do you think is good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...