Monday, August 2, 2010

Horsetail Falls Hiking

I am so glad that I have been able to find friends that enjoy the outdoors as much as I do.  Hiking on the weekends has always been a great past time for me, and with the new pup Daisy, it helps in getting some exercise and expierence too. 
This weekend I was so happy to see my good friend Kim was able to join us on a Columbia Gorge hike, Horsetail falls.  Kali has been so gracious each week to help find new trails for us to discover and explore. The trailhead is just west of the exit for Multnomah falls on Hwy 30.
The trail starts out as switch backs to start the climba nd about a half mile back there is a large rock cave that has the waterfall over the front! wow it is amazing! We were able to start the hike pretty early in the morning so that the foot traffic was light.  I think we only ran into a couple other people. 

We also hiked up some of the Oenata Gorge trail and got to seet the high bridge and a couple other falls.  We were hoping to wade in knee depth water back one of the gorgers to a hidden falls but tree debris had fallen since our book was written and we were not able to go back that far.
After the hike, since we were so close the Multnomah Falls, we had to go have huckelberry pancakes at the lodge! Yum, a must try if you have never had them.  I know I work off all those calories and then ruin it by having some of this delicious breakfast! oh well better luck next time.  Until our next hike next weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...