Saturday, October 1, 2011

MMMmmm. smell of FALL...Apple Butter Recipe...

Crock Pot Apple butter .. ( I found this recipe online at Food.com) I love any kind of fruit butter, pumpkin butter, apple butter, pear butter.  My sis-in-law told me that it is SUPER easy to make....
So if you do not know me that well then you do not know that I DO NOT cook... but I am trying to get out of my rut and try something new.... crock pot ... that sounds easy enough?!!! right?
here is the recipe.. I will tell you how mine turns out when I get finished!

Ingredients
5.5 lbs apples, peeled and finely chopped
4 cups sugar
2-3 teaspoons grd cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grd cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. place apples in bowl
2. combine sugar,cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Pour over apples and mix well.
4. place in crock pot on high and cover for 1 hour
5. decrease heat to low cover and cook for 9-11 hours or until thick and dark brown
6. stir occasionally
7. uncover and cook on low for 1 hour longer
8. whisk until smooth (if desired)
9. spoon into freezer containers, leave 1/2 inch head space.
10. cover and freeze



Can you smell it from here?

Linking up to Polly want a crafter link party

4 comments:

  1. so proud of you!!!
    and I want some! Wednesday will be fine, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy ... how did it taste? Have a bunch of apples to cook up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh hanging on to this recipe!

    found you via TCB and would love to have you visit. my giveaway ends soon but hope you can enter:

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

    warmly.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...