Saturday, November 20, 2010

A dear friend

A day for a long road trip up the I-5 freeway to a little town called Vader. I have a dear friend that lives there, and I decided that Friday was the day to visit. Packing up the essentials for two kids and my Marykay is always fun. I have to quickly run through the laundry list; did I get the diapers? snacks, and the lip balm,? hehe..

I have known Lois, since I was 15 or so.  She is like my adoptive mother. Very dear to my heart. I wish that I could see her more, but with both busy lives it seems a visit every couple months or so is all that we get. She has the biggest heart, always caring for others before herself. I wish I could do so much more for her.

She loves to have facials when I go there so I always bring my stuff and we sit around the table and talk and play with makeup and also chase Sawyer around and try to keep him out of mischeif.


It was a day of firsts for Sawyer, he sat in his own chair at the table, (did not try to escape)other than a highchair to eat lunch. We always have something simple but tasty at her house, today was homemade soup with egg salad sandwhiches.  It was interesting, Sawyer had a peanut butter sandwhich in which he tried to smear it along the bottom of the table, and all over himself, what a sight!

I always hate to hear bad news and this is just that.  She has been complaining of some sinus pain in her head and after long months of nothing, a CT scan shows there is some sort of a growth in her sinus cavity. Surgery is needed to remove it.  Yikes.  I hope they take care of it quickly and figure out what it is.  She will be in my prayers. :)

My visit was great, I love seeing Lois.  We talk about things; how my grandma would have loved to see my kids, how proud she would be of them.  I know she is watching them grow from heaven.  I wish she could have met them.

Love you Lois. See you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...