Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pigs on a wing!!

So a couple weeks ago some of my girlfriends saw this Groupon for a painting class and a drink for a great price. We decided why not and signed up. I went to the website and each night or week there was an option different themes etc. but trying to mesh five busy moms schedules is always fun and we ended up with "Pigs on a wing!! "

 Here are a couple paintings I saw while getting ready to start ours!! I love the POPPIES !!!


The class begins by the paint instructor showing us how to draw the painting in a different color paint. A sketch of some sort. 





Arriving  there we received  our instructions to get an apron and some paints, brushes, our drinks and find a seat infront of your canvas and easel.   As I got my tools I look around at faces and are there are all ages here and men,women of varying ages. 




This is great environment for people watching. 



Using acrylics, they dry fast.  Early on I the thought process I decided I am not wanting to do pigs. I wanted to do chickens but after I began they kind if turned into chickadees or sparrows.  So I went with it. 

The best part is to be looking around the class. There were lots of different interpretations of the pigs and I even saw one artist that did flying monkeys. (Wizard of Oz) some were perfect, some were sketchy but still very very creative!!

And to quote my friends " I do not paint" and at the end they were saying " I painted that and it really looks like pigs"! Yeah!!!

This was a fun evening!! If you are looking for something different to so with your spouse or just just friends I suggest it!! 
Thank you much Diana and Carrie for suggesting this night and for Sure we are looking to so another PAINT night out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...