Saturday, September 1, 2012

My latest project...

I made something! LOL! 
It is getting so close to Fall and I am really getting excited to decorate for it... I know, I know, I was just starting to get used to the Summer weather but... school is starting soon so that means FALL right?  I saw this great wreath on Tatertots and Jello website and instantly knew that I wanted to attempt to make my own!
Here is the post from her site that got me going!
http://tatertotsandjello.com/2012/08/make-a-fall-houndstooth-pumpkin-wreath.html
Isn't it just the cutest?  yeah! so I went and snagged me a wreath and found some yarn to wrap and then I realized as I was looking through the tutorial for this, there is SEWING... I do NOT sew and do not have a sew machine.... so I was stumped.

Then I decided to knit me some pumpkins and hot glue some twigs like this to them...
I found this pattern on Raverly.com.... Love this site for great crochet and knit patterns!
Fall Pumpkin 
 Materials: 
Red Heart Light n' Lofty Multi - Colorway: Pheasant 
US 11 Needles 
Small amount of poly-fill 
1" twig 
Gorilla Glue 

Cast on 20 sts 
Row 1 (and all odd rows): Purl 
Row 2: *kfb, k1* across, 30 sts 
3-18: work in stockinette 
Row 19: *k2tog, k1* across, 20 sts 
20: purl 
Cut a 10" tail, draw through remaining sts and pull tight 

Using cast on tail, draw through CO sts and pull tight then mattress stitch the two sides together (remember to stuff the pumpkin before stitching it closed!) 

Using the Gorilla Glue, glue the stick to the top.

Ok so this is how I did it and here are a few of my wreath!  Hope you like... and good luck making yours!



Happy Fall decorating :)

linking up to 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a great idea to knit the pumpkins and make it your own! Fall here we come :)
    -sarah
    pampereddaughterthriftywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...