Friday, July 30, 2010

Dickey Creek Hike

Getting an early start from home to get on the trail before 10AM sounds really easy but wow it took a lot just to get out of bed and get going to Estacada to pick up Kali and go!  Those forest service roads in Mt Hood forest are pretty scary too, tiny over grown not sure where road is ... this is a road!??ok we finally make the trailhead for a hike, not the one we started out for but it will do, OH my there are at least 7-8 other cars... no way, other people went on this road?!!!?



The trail starts out in a nice shade cover and not too steep or narrow, then the book tells us there is a 500 ft downhill scramble HOLY COW!!!! The dog even had to sit down and rest!
 All in all the hike got better and I was so glad that we did get somewhat of an early start, the sun was out and it was starting to get warm.  I absolutely love hiking in Oregon, each one that I have been on was unique in its own way and totally worth the effort.
My hikes so far this year have been so different than years past, I miss my hiking buddy Dakota.  He past away in February of 2009.  He loved going hiking, that is what he lived for on the weekends!  My new dog Daisy, does pretty good on the hikes, she has tons of energy and can go and go all day, just like my Dakota, but some things will never be the same.
Ok getting back to the hike, Daisy led the way through overgrown trials and we even had to climb over a creek on a big fallen log, that was SCARY, I hate heights!  A few miles up the trail we came along a lilypad pond, which was not accessable to the dog, thank goodness.  She would have been a big mess otherwise.

To be able to escape the city life and relax and unwind out here in mother nature, there is no better place.  In my personal opinion, but hey just thought I would throw that in. Plus I got in a great workout we were all so tired!  Thanks for a great hike, great scenery, and company Kali!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...