Sunday, July 14, 2013

Home project time


Got an update on my home project... I finished the laundry cabinets. 

Really like how they turned out. Now I just need to work in organizing ... Lol. 



For the longest time I have been thinking and wanting to change the look of our cabinets...
 right now they are Oak, (so 80's) but I am not sure exactly what I want and also I know that the cost has to be LOW...
.... so the other day I was shopping at a local antiques shop Big White Goose Barn when I cam across her working with Annie Sloan Chalk paints.
 I told her about my intentions and she gave me a demonstration of how the paint works and what kind of end product I can get!
photo from BWG facebook page!
 I am SOLD.... I am looking for the antique look with an off white or cream color... I cannot wait to get started.. because I am a little skeptical of my abilities I decided to start with my laundry room cabinets....
first coat down! many doors to go!!...

It's a good start. 

1 comment:

  1. I have peeling melamine cabinets in my kitchen and am thinking of taking all the melamine off and just painting the MDF doors with chalk paint... Tried it first in my laundry room too with some DIY turquoise chalk paint and it turned out well. I guess the laundry room is a great place to start!! I haven't tried the real ASCP but have made a lot with DIY chalk paint and have been pretty happy with the results so far. Think I might put some poly on top of my kitchen cabinets to protect them a little better then just using wax though. Good luck with your project!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...