Sunday, November 6, 2011

Xmas Gift: DIY Potting bench

Yes it is that time of year... GIFT making... my sister has been telling me how she would love to have a potting bench but she has a SMALL space to put it in ... So I found some plans for one on my favorite furniture plan site Ana White.com (click the link to take you to the potting bench plans)












Of course it needs to be tweeked a little to work in her SMALL space but at least it is a starting point....oh and I also got this idea to use an old window pane with some sort of knobs (door knobs, metal hooks) for the back of the shelving... (neat huh?) Yeah!

That is how far I am ... oh and my Hubby went out and got some lumber to start.....


He got the two shelves made now just some supports and a little creativity and WOOHHLAAA Done!
It is getting closet to being done....


still looking for something to put on the back of it... an old window pane with some sort of knobs etc.....

Got some new accessories for the bench!!.... LOVE the dragonfly hooks... so will Em!!

Got it finished!!





Now to start with a color... and distressing it...Oh I think a white wash on the wood will LOOK great!!

Oh I hope she likes it... cannot wait to see it in place!


Well there you go!!! LOOKS great!















Todays Creative Blog




Tip Junkie handmade projects








2 comments:

  1. Wow-so excited that I'm you 100th follower!! This potting bench is adorable-stop over to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ana White! I have done several of her projects and hope to do a few more this year. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...